divine chocolate poetry competiton
Teach about Fairtrade and get creative this summer!
This year Divine Chocolate and Christian Aid's Poetry Competition has a special theme: Celebrating Divine Chocolate. Divine Chocolate, the only Fairtrade chocolate company owned by cocoa farmers, is celebrating its 20 year anniversairy.
We are looking for as many primary and secondary schools to enter the competition as possible.
To help you deliver a creative poetry lesson we have put together a competition guide which explains how Divine began, what the company has achieved so far and what it means to be Fairtrade and farmer-owned.
Have any budding rappers in your class? We have a ‘Make a Rap’ lesson plan all about writing a rap about chocolate!
Want to find out more?
Our ‘Trade’ resources offer a fun way to learn about the lives of Fairtrade cocoa farmers.
Use our ‘Bean to bar’ presentation to find out how cocoa is grown and harvested by cocoa farmers and then made into chocolate.
Watch the students of Bayerebon tell you how cocoa is grown in our ‘Come on in to a bar of chocolate’ video.
You could even borrow our ‘Be a cocoa farmer’ kit or request a workshop by us!
- A film of your poem being read by this year's guest judge, Cas Lester, an acclaimed children's writer
- Divine goodies, book tokens and the latest book by Cas: 'Do You Speak Chocolate?'
How to enter
- POEMS IN WELSH BY 30TH APRIL 2018
2. Post or email the poems by the closing date.
by email: email@example.com
- by post: Cymorth Cristnogol, Churchgate Court, 3 Church Road, Yr Eglwys Newydd, Caerdydd CF14 1ED
POEMS IN ENGLISH BY 30TH JUNE 2018
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: Poetry Competition, Divine Chocolate, 4 Gainsford Street, London, SE1 2NE
Make sure you include both the entry form and poem(s) together!
The competition is open to UK residents aged 7 years and over. No purchase necessary. All valid entries recieved by the closing date will be considered. Full terms and condition apply.